How do you treat the yellow lawn areas where your dog has urinated?

+4
  • Judy Judy on Jul 16, 2017
    Add water, and it will come back. This is all apart of nature. J.

• Suzette Suzette on Jul 16, 2017
    Hi Chris, Here's a video how to that may help! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5YEA4WMrHo

Good luck!
  • Kim26394460 Kim26394460 on Jul 16, 2017
    the yellow will not go away☹️ Make dog go potty in one spot only and water immediately after it pees. Drives me nuts if I ask a rude dog walker to not potty on my front lawn-"-its just pee! "I know that ruins lawn! The other can get picked up and doesn't make lawn yellow. I leave a watering😊 can for them to use when their dog finishes. Good luck!
  • I have 6 dogs, sometimes more. I just water as much as possible. There are also supplements you can give your dog to neutralize the acidity. Might be something to check out.
  • Shirley Heikkinen Shirley Heikkinen on Jul 16, 2017
    Train your dog to use one corner of your yard as their potty. By covering that portion with a type of rock safe for your dogs feet this will be her/his signal that this is where they do their doody, and after a while the yellow spots in other areas will recover.
  • Cindy Cindy on Jul 16, 2017
    Hello Chris, the only solution that I know of is water the heck out of it. I guess that is all part of being a dog owner. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
  • SBlizzard SBlizzard on Jan 13, 2021

Lime will raise the alkalinity of the soil.