This Organic Life
This Organic Life
  • Saint Paul, MN

8 Simple Steps to an Eco-Friendly Home

Diving into the “eco-friendly” world can be pretty overwhelming. In fact, sometimes it feels like we can never do enough - am I right?
That’s why I’ve gathered up 8 of my favorite steps into this perhaps uncharted territory to share with you all. I’ve been on the path of living a simpler, more environmentally-friendly, and healthier life for the last 8 years or so, and I’ve learned a lot along the way.
One thing I’ve learned is that living in a way that is lighter on the earth doesn’t have to mean spending more money, giving up everything you love, or moving to the middle of nowhere, building your own home, and living completely off the land (though I see nothing wrong with this last one ;) ).
I’ve also learned that the term eco-friendly is more often than not synonymous withhealth, meaning that when we use products that are more natural and easier on the environment, we are in turn benefiting our own health. Simply put, what is good for the environment is good for us. I don’t think this is any coincidence, but that’s another blog post for another day :)

Here are my 8 simple steps toward a more eco-friendly (and healthy!) home (and you!):
1.) Go back to basics
2.) Learn to cook & shop for food
3.) Be intentional
4.) Organize & simplify
5.) Reduce, reuse, recycle
6.) Buy used
7.) DIY
8.) Get outside
Visit my blog for the full, detailed post: http://www.thisoriginalorganiclife.com/2014/02/04/8-simple-steps-to-an-eco-friendly-home/
8 simple steps to an eco friendly home, gardening, go green, repurposing upcycling

This Organic Life