My front door is letting lots of cold air through

+5
What is the easiest way to stop that cold draught

• Cindy Cindy on Aug 04, 2017
    Hello Stephen, You could use weather stripping. That will stop the cold air from coming inside your house. During the winter we use a draft stopper, which is really a long roll with fabric on it. I put it up against the bottom of the door and it stops that cold air from coming in. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
  • Dfm Dfm on Aug 04, 2017
    you may need to replace the seals on the doors. on a couple of my doors i could just put a strip of foam weather stripping and its good...the other i had to use the plastic coated rope with a flange attached.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Aug 04, 2017
    If the cold air is coming through the bottom, use a draft protector, a rag rug, an old towel, or even a crumpled sheet up against the door to keep out drafts. You can use a roll of weatherstripping around all four sides. I like the kind with the sticky strip that stays on by itself. One other easy way to stop drafts is to nail or thumbtack a quilt, blanket, or a couple of sheets from above the door. You have to leave it loose enough on the bottom and doorknob side so you can hold it back to open the door. It's not pretty, but it's easy and free. Best wishes 😇
  • Linda Linda on Aug 04, 2017
    You can buy strips to apply for drafts from lowes or homedepot
    S
  • Erin Erin on Aug 04, 2017
    Storm. Door.
  • Pennie Collins Pennie Collins on Aug 04, 2017
    Stick on foam seal strips on the top and sides. Felt strips and a draft stopper strip along the bottom.
  • Lou Lou on Aug 05, 2017
    Peel and stick weather works great....comes in different widths.
  • Lou Lou on Aug 05, 2017
    Sorry......weather *stripping*