Asked on Aug 8, 2017

My grey rug is totally stained how can I clean it myself?

RudyPinkflmgo626Patricia
+4

even got some black oil stains

• FL
    FL

Its a rug, right? Not a carpet? Depending on the size, I might try taking it to a Laundromat to use the biggest machine they have. If too big for that, rent a carpet cleaner at most food stores or home improvement stores (usually under for 24 hours). Remove furniture, vacuum deeply. Start cleaning. The manufacturer usually sells products for resistant stains at the same place you rent the machine and carpet cleaning fluid/cleaner. Let air dry thoroughly, use fans and open windows. See what stains, if any, remain. Deal with each stain individually, for example, a pet urine stain, versus a grass stain. Good luck!
    • C.n
      C.n

actually, it's a carpet. but thanks a lot for your time. I got the answer.
  • Patricia
    Patricia

use a stain remover and let it soak in -- then rent a carpet cleaner -use it after about 10 min. of the soak
  • Pinkflmgo626
    Pinkflmgo626

if you want to tackle individual spots use a mixture of 1 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar & a few drops of dish detergen. Dawn is recommended for greasy oily stains. Mix together in bowl, then dip a white cloth and Wring it but leave moist; then just iron over the spot. The steam from the wet cloth will transfer the stain to the cloth. You may need to repeat 2-3 times. But you will be amazed!
  • Rudy
    Rudy

what is the material? Is it wall to wall or area? Lynne