How to cover a circuit breaker box

+6
We have a circuit breaker box on a wall that has lots of foot traffic. We would like to make a removable cover. What is the best ways to accomplish this?

• Brenda Brenda on Aug 14, 2017
    I have seen shutter doors attached that open and close like a cabinet door.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Aug 14, 2017
    Build a box frame around it so that the edges create an opening deeper than the circuit box. Use the edges to place a picture over top or make an ornamental door with wrought iron, or paint a fancy rubber welcome mat
  • Laurie O'Neil Short Laurie O'Neil Short on Aug 14, 2017
    We built a cover to go over ours....it's in our dining room!
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Aug 14, 2017
    This person created their own large canvas art using fabric to customize what they needed to cover it up:
  • Sharon Sharon on Aug 14, 2017
    I put a tiny nail above mine and hung a painting on it.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Aug 14, 2017
    Make sure the door closes completely. If it doesn't, use a small piece of magnetic tape inside to keep it closed. If you want it removeable because you rent, then use magnets to hold a magazine picture on the door. Or use thin cardboard on which you decoupage photos or other pictures, add a mat large enough for the cardboard and door, and use stick on magnet strip pieces on the back of both to attach on top of the circuit breaker box. Best wishes 😇
  • Margaret Margaret on Aug 14, 2017
    Mine is in a hallway; I simply hung a framed picture over it with a regular picture hanger and nail. It has worked just fine ever since I bought the house. To make it more special, the picture is an oil painting my friend painted. I get to have pleasant memories of her each time I pass by. You could frame a picture of the family, or someplace you visited that has special significance.
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 24, 2018
    i used a picture