Exterior Paint color suggestions

+14
Updating my exterior door/shutter color. The siding is heather (tan), the cedar trim is dark brown and the door trim is white. What color would you suggest for the doors and shutters? I live far back off the road in the woods if that provides any inspiration.
q exterior paint color suggestions
Do you think the garage door should be painted the same as other doors?
q exterior paint color suggestions
I was contemplating light orange/yellow color.
q exterior paint color suggestions
Current color is midnight green of some sort.
  • Ro Ro on Aug 25, 2017
    Rich Burgundy
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Aug 25, 2017
    I would go with a darker teal for the shutters and a bright teal for the door.
  • Amanda Amanda on Aug 25, 2017
    I think a pale yellow with white trim. Another is a dark blueish grey with white trim.
  • Anna Forss Anna Forss on Aug 25, 2017
    Coffeebrown and "falu rödfärg"/A special kind of red. door Blue.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Aug 25, 2017
    Hello! I think your idea of light orange is perfect! Why? Because your house is brown and what colors make briwn? Orange and blue make brown and,, therefore, orange ties in beautifully with your brown house. Shutters, or and garage door would look great with that new coat if light orange!
    Sorry for the typo! Should say "Shutters, Door, and Garage Door" would look great in orange
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 25, 2017
    Burnt Orange
  • Julie M. Julie M. on Aug 25, 2017
    I would go with black. It would pop against the white frames and the heather paint.

• Barb Barb on Aug 25, 2017
    I can see you already have a lot of darker colors going on and you need a pop of color to give it that wow factor and blend with the others. I choose terra cotta from the color wheel that what interior decorators use and also paint he garage door that color. Paint all your seating on the porch black even those white plastic chair and add pillows in stripe pattern to match the door color and add wreaths on each door. Here are a few photos to help with your project.
  • Dale Dale on Aug 25, 2017
    almost black
  • Kai26201107 Kai26201107 on Aug 26, 2017
    pictures were taken with my iPad so may look black but trust me it's dark brown stain on the cedar..
  • Random Chance Random Chance on Aug 28, 2017
    Whatever color you choose is going to end up darker than you would expect when painted over a large area. Try choosing a lighter shade of the color you want in the beginning and paint a 3' x 3' square on a part of the wall first to see the effect. You can test different shades and colors this way to make sure you get what you really want.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Aug 29, 2017
    All good choices for the shutters. Just avoid black for the front door, or it will look like a rectangular hole under that overhang. Your green doors look darker in the shade than they do up close, so black will be really dark. A pop of colour would be good. I think the garage doors should be close to the siding colour unless you want them to be a focal pont.
    Alternatively, you can upload your pic to a paint company site and try different colour options.