Asked on Sep 15, 2017

How to get stain out of car seat cushions?

Fix It JenCareyCrystal Meyer Griffith
+5

• Alyssa
    Alyssa

What kind of stain is it? In general, I'd try a product like Tuff Stuff stain remover, but different stains (i.e., ink vs. grease) call for different methods. There's a helpful guide here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Car-Upholstery
  • Bill Waddle
    Bill Waddle

depends on the stain, can you expand the question
  • Cindy
    Cindy

I had to remove an ink stain from my car seat cushion. I used Alcohol. It took a couple tries, but I got it out.
  • Blb29294618
    Blb29294618

I got blueberry stain out of silk blouse with a baby wipe. Who knew?
  • Crystal Meyer Griffith
    Crystal Meyer Griffith

For food or just plain dirt, try Folex. Follow the directions on the bottle.
  • Carey
    Carey

Bill Waddle is right. It depends on both what caused the stain as well as what kind of seat cushion fabric you have. Vinyl, leather or fabric. Most stains wipe off of vinyl fairly easily if taken care of immediately. Once the Car heats up a lot of stains imbed into the vinyl and are unlikely to ever come out. In that case, you might want to come up with a stencil that can be used to decorate and cover the stain. Leather is another problem. Look on YOU TUBE, suede and leather care with Martha Stewart. This is an excellent resource. They recommend using Baby wipes to remove stains. That is worth a try.

• Fix It Jen
    Fix It Jen

I've had the best luck on cloth seats using the handheld attachment of my wet carpet cleaner. Plus it smells nice. Good luck!