Asked on Sep 21, 2017

Removing sticker residue from bare wood ?

AngelaV SmithJay Paden
+6

I recently purchased some wooden wine boxes. Each of them has a huge shipping sticker on one end. (4" x 6", told you it was huge). After removing the sticker, it left sticky residue on the wood. Since the wood has not been finished, I don't know what to use to remove the sticky residue. I'm going to want to stain them eventually but can't until I get this gunk off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Amanda

Try using alcohol. Then lightly sand it off.

• 62q10370829

But goo off on spot & leg set & use a scraper to scrap off glue & then wash the area with hot water & soap. Let dry then sand. Good luck.

• Fiddledd224

Try baby oil or vegetable oil. If that doesn't work, use Goo Gone or Vaseline. If that doesn't work, use a blow dryer on the lowest setting and see if that loosens the glue, followed by the oil.

• Mary

goo off

• Julia Wolfe

WD40 or googone

• Jay Paden

goo-gone for lables

• Jay Paden

googone for labels

• V Smith

First I would try alcohol instead of an oil based solvent because there is less chance of staining the wood. If that does't work then you can go to the Goo Gone.

• Angela

Gel hand sanitizer. It's alcohol-based but because it's think it will sit on the sticky area without running and penetrate the adhesive. It also won't leave a greasy residue like some other options .