Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Do dryer sheets keep mice away over the winter in a lake cabin?

RoseAliceJoy30150932
+4

I personally would not of it as mice will make that a comfort zone as well,however https://www.cottagetips.com/tips/mice-tips/
  • Dianacirce70

I'm not familiar with anything using dryer sheets as a mouse deterrent, but mint/mint oil is a great deterrent.
  • Linda Ames-Boman

The summer camps I used to work at used moth balls.
  • Jac29786333

It has worked for me. I use Bounce.

• Joy30150932

You do not really know for sure. The latest thing I have heard is to use peppermint tea bags, once they are used and dried. I intend to try the tea bags or buy a small bottle of peppermint flavoring to try, put some on cotton balls and place them wherever you do not want the mice to go. I even tried the sensors you plug in. They were expensive and did not work.
  • Alice

I've had good luck with dryer sheets. I buy the stickiest, cheapest ones I can find and just lay them on top of the drawer/shelf contents. I don't know if it's the smell or the feel of them on their little feet, but it seems to keep them out for up to six month. I opened an unused drawer that didn't get "sheeted" and, oh, my, they had had parties in there. I've also put them in my car, including under the hood, and it kept them out. Just put a sticky note on the steering wheel to remind you before you start the motor when you get back.
  • Rose

no use peppermint oil