Home remedies for Dog Urine stains in Carpet

AvaJudyMomentumjanitorial
+14

We bought our "forever" home in Feb. and it had pet urine stains in the 2 rooms with carpet. They cleaned up from professional cleaning but now after walking on the carpet, they have come back. I need help with this!!
  • Pad27932129

N

• Jenna
      An hour ago

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Inetia

I would sprinkle baking soda on them, work it into the nap and then spray enough vinegar on it to get it foaming deep in the nap. This would be my pre-treatment before shampooing.
  • Pam Beck

The reason this happens is because the stain is in the pad and comes through even after a good cleaning. I would try Odoban! Soak the area well, scrub into pad, blot up as much as you can, place tin foil, towels and then a pile of books and leave overnight. Odoban is at Lowes or Home Depot.
  • Marty Phelps

Whatever cleaning remedy you use just be sure to rinse, rinse and rinse after cleaning the area. I have found that it is the cleansing agent residue that
    continue s to adhere to stains. Pams suggestion sounds like a good one. I would just b sure to blot...not rub..
  • Karen Krysowaty

The stain is in the pad and you will need to raise it all to the surface. Odoban is good and you need to place Paper towels or towels and place tin foil on top and then weight it down. Let sit up overnight, and repeat if it doesn't clear.
  • Nancy Turner

If you do use some kind of cleaner, spritz the area with vinegar water to help break sown the residual cleaner that is left after the cleaning. Once you are all done spritz again to get it down into the pad to destroy any bacteria that is left. Let it dry and hopefully the stain will stay away and there should be no odor.
  • Shari Veater

Thanks!
  • Jill Panicco

Yes VINEGAR and BICARBONATE OF SODA. (Baking soda). It's all we use for everything in our home. the cheapest and most effective for anything and everything. Even got mulberry stains on the carpet removed with V &B love it ❤️
  • Itsmemic

Jeeze !! RIP THAT Sh-t OUT !!! SOOO GROSSSSSSS !!! Who wants someone s animal pee in your house? Sorry...that is really gross..no amount of cleaning will get rid of pet stains soaked into a rug. YUCK !! There are SO many gorgeous wood look tiles etc. Get rid of that carpet !!
  • Momentumjanitorial

There are many DIY tips you can use to remove it, but the best and more easy tips are here:
    First, you just need to Soak up the urine stain using paper towels or a cotton cloth.
    Second, use of white vinegar and water as a solution (50% vinegar, 50% water).
    Third, Pour the solution onto the urine stain.
    And at last, Blot the urine stain using a paper towel, pressing firmly into it.
    If the above tips would not function fully then stop and don't do much research on that, since it cost so much money. Just hire carpet cleaning service provider near you. Thanks!

• Judy

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

I know how frustrating it must be for you if you have a dog that just won’t learn how to potty outside. You’ve probably tried all sorts of training techniques that you found online or in a book at the library and nothing worked. At least, that’s what happened to me...

Me and my hubby were able to find a solution and I’ll always be thankful that we did, because since then we have had no problem teaching my foster dogs where to potty – and I can do it within a couple of days.

I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

Don't waste time sister! The more times your dog goes to the bathroom inside your home the harder it will be to break him of this habit.

Take action now and permanently stop your dog from using the bathroom inside before it's too late!

Here's the guide we used that shows you how to completely potty train any dog or puppy quickly and easily in 7 days or less...

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor and the stains! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• Ava

This. You need to train the dog!

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.