RITA
RITA
  • Exton, PA

How do you get Solar Figures to start working again?

BetsyJudiJan
+7

I have several Solar figures that have STOPPED working. Is there any way I can rejuvenate them to work again?

• Michele Pappagallo

Check to be sure the solar panel is as clean as possible. Use vinegar and water to clean the panel and remove any excess buildup from weather, tree sap, birds, etc. If that doesn't help, you may be able to replace the solar panel completely. Check with the manufacturer to see if replacements are available.

Check to see if the batteries need to be changed.

• Have you checked the batteries? Chances are they just need new ones.
  • Judy

paint the tops with clear paint ,non yellow high heat or the one for head lights for cars. It brings back the clairity .
  • Kor24924493

Replace the battery inside it.

Just replace the batteries. The solar panel charges the batteries during the day.
  • Jan

Replace the solar batteries. These can be purchased anywhere rechargeable solar batteries are sold. Don't toss the old ones...take them with you to find the right replacement.
  • Judi

I have bug and bird solar lights in my yard.When they quit lighting I put a charged battery in them and they light for a long time.I always have some rechargeable batteries in the charger for this reason. Hope this helps you.

Usually they do. Look under where the light is. You will see either a little door or some small screws. Open or undo the screws and you will see a battery, usually a couple of AA's. Just change them out and you should be fine.