Reneemckeague1615
Reneemckeague1615
  • East Bridgewater, MA

How can i disinfect and deoderize my wooden cabinets from mouse urine

JayDianacirce70Jewel
+4

I have mice in my home that keep coming back idk what to do they started peeing in my wooden silverware drawers and cabinets what can i safely use to disinfect and deoderize i tried the natures miracle yesterday and no go it still reaks

• Gram

remove and wash all items in drawers and cupboards-I would wash with bleach solution and soap, rinse well air or towel dry-Then spray or wipe down all drawer/cupboard surfaces with vinegar, let dry. There are some essential oils on the market to repel rodents, bugs, vermin of all kinds that are safe for people, pets too. I would put out traps sticky ones or snaps.
  • Robert Heath

White vinegar and baking soda after about 15 minutes, vinegar breaks up urine crystals and baking soda absorbs them.

• Robert Heath

The mice are coming in somewhere, find their entry point and fill it with silicone caulk.. They can pass through a hole the size of their head so smaller than a quarter. If you live in an area that is wooded and you can find a black snake put him in your basement and let him hunt.
  • Jewel

Place mith balls outside around the building
  • Dianacirce70

Scrub well and use a bleach solution. Get some peppermint essential oil and mix with water in a spray bottle and spray the bottoms and sides of the cabinets and drawers to deter them. Mice do not like the scent of mint, so it should help keep them away. Its a pain, but redo the spray often, every couple weeks or so, whenever the scent seems to be going away

• Jay

Make sure the wood is dry and apply either clear or amber shellac. This will encapsulate the odor so it will not smell anymore. Be sure to have on hand some denatured alcohol to clean up with.