Barbara Hicks
Barbara Hicks
  • Louisville, KY

Nail pops on a new house, ceiling and walls, the best way to have them

D3beckyouMimiHope Williams
+7

Also engineered hardwood floors repair
q nail pops on a new house ceiling and walls the best way to have them
  • Wow! Sounds like ou have construction defects. This is a specialized area in the legal industry - get yourself a good construction defect attorney. Contact your State Bar Association for help selecting an attorney in your area.
  • 27524803

The drywall may have been put up with nail instead of drywall screws and the expansion and contraction is making them pop.... pull the nails and replace with drywall screws... one at a time. Sink the screw JUST BELOW the surface of the drywall like a shallow dimple (without breaking the paper surface of the drywall)... Spackle and paint.
  • Alan J. August

Depending on how 'new' your house is, I would strongly recommend calling the contractor who installed the walls...

• Org28512071

The builder should fix
  • Genie

I strongly recommend contacting the builder right away! If you have a home warrantee, these problems should be taken care of immediately. Otherwise, consider the suggestion of a lawyer as mentioned above.
  • Hope Williams

if this is truly a brand new build and not a new to you home, you need to contact your attorney asap. Do nothing, repair nothing. Start taking a video/pic diary and your attorney will advise you from there. More often than not, these builders will suddenly discover time to make necessary repairs. Also, just to further protect for atleadt another year, get a builder paid insurance policy for your home! Do no take this lightly!
  • Mimi

Up here in Canada, I believe that all new homes have a one year inspection for this reason! Not sure what it is in the US. Check with your builder!
  • D3beckyou

Actually, I had this happen with a brand new house we had built several years ago; the nail heads in the drywall started bulging from the wall a bit. I took a dish towel and folded it several times and covered the "nail head bulge" with the towel and tapped it down with a hammer very carefully. It worked perfectly and didn't even break the drywall mud!