What product to use to clean windows?

Karen KrysowatyKarlaPeter
+6

• Louise

Mr Clean Magic Erasers have come to my rescue when nothing else worked on many things - worth a try.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell

Vinegar and water mix in spray bottle. If you don't like the smell add old oranges or lemons that got old and hard. I cut them and drop them into a jug of vinegar. Find some microfiber cloths at Dollar store. If you want to splurge purchase e-cloths on Amazon. They are as good as the Norwex ones which are very expensive. With e-clothes I just use water. One to clean and the polisher to dry. The polisher is like a giant version of those tiny ones you get with eye glasses.
  • Jim Garcia

Vinegar and water.
  • Peter

Use Newspaper instead of cloth--- the 'tooth' of the paper is better at lifting the dirt.
    Avoid cleaning 'heated' glass... the sun can heat it so it dries on one side before you start the opposite.. results in streaks. It's preferred to clean windows on a cloudy day for that reason. (you can also see the streaks easier).
    Depending on the severity of the dirt, these have differing results (alcohol for fingerprint & grease removal, not for general or outdoor use)
    1: Vinegar & water
    2: Ammonia & water
    3: Rubbing Alcohol
    4: Coca Cola (for windshields - rinse Well!)
  • Karla

i think the secret is in what you use to wipe them with. I used newspapers years ago, but they seem to have changed the of them. My favorite is using a cloth diaper or basic, old fashioned white drying cloth. I have tried every concoction to clean windows in my 15 yrs. of cleaning homes and I love the results of 1/2 water & 1/2 alcohol in a spray bottle. It dries super fast so you have less of a chance of streaks.
  • Karen Krysowaty

I use vinegar and water and then I use generic coffee filters to dry them with. Minimizes the streaks