Exterior Paint Advice PLEASE!!

+9
Have never painted/had a house painted before and need to choose exterior colors by next week! Thinking of going with a warmer, more buttery yellow but keep gravitating towards cooler toned color schemes when looking at options. Painter is using Sherwin Williams paint. All suggestions welcome and entertained (though we do have an HOA). Please help!
q exterior paint advice please
  • Bijous Bijous on Oct 27, 2017
    You have a beautiful home. First things first. You have to check with the HOA to find out what colors are acceptable. Next, do you need to submit your selected color to the HOA for approval? If so, best do it before one drop of paint goes on your walls. HOA's can be brutal. Okay, paint selection.

I believe hardily in the Feng Shui method.

Whatever you chose, I know it will be lovely.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Oct 27, 2017
    What a beautiful house. One thing to consider is how it will fade in the sun over the years. I think a taupe color would be a good option. It would look great with the shingles and your black shutters. Also a blue color would look good on your door. You can actually go on Sherwin Williams website, download a pic of your house and pick a color and you can see what it will look like. Please post a picture when you're done, I'd love to see the transition.
    • Libby Howarth Libby Howarth on Oct 29, 2017
      My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do... http://ow.ly/6aco30gcA3A
  • Elena Colina Elena Colina on Oct 27, 2017
    The most impressive houses I have seen are a pale yellow. Yellow looks so crisp and clean that it just makes the home pleasing and inviting.
  • Inetia Inetia on Oct 27, 2017
    I would take a long joy ride around residential areas to see if there are any color combinations that speak to me.
  • Kjn29543650 Kjn29543650 on Oct 28, 2017
    All good ideas. Make sure the color you choose goes well with the roof color.
  • Fauxgal Fauxgal on Oct 28, 2017
    Make sure he uses a top of the line SW paint, and not a professional grade.
  • Emily Emily on Oct 28, 2017
    It's a beautiful house. I would follow Inetia's advice and drive around to find a color you like.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Oct 29, 2017
    I think it looks great! A warm buttery yellow would be nice too.
    It is hard for us to comment without knowing the HOA choices.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Oct 29, 2017
    I would suggest you contact your HOA as soon as possible. They usually have a color chart of the paints they allow. If you paint your house a color they haven't approved, you will have to repaint it over and/or be fined.

• Linda Linda on Apr 05, 2020

Here is a post that will help. https://lifeonsummerhill.com/popular-sherwin-williams-exterior-paint/