How do you get the leather smell from a new pair of gloves?

+4
My daughter bought a ew pair of leather gloves that have a very unpleasant odor. She has tried dryer sheets, hanging in fresh air, neither worked.

• Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Oct 29, 2017
    try putting the glIves in a box with crumpled newspaper sheets and leave for a couple f days. Maybe that would help.
  • Kathy Kathy on Oct 29, 2017
    Try saddle soap. This can be purchased at Farm & Fleet or Tractor Supply. You can use the liquid or spray. Hope this helps
  • Jean Jean on Oct 29, 2017
    A good leather cleaner like mink oil may work. If not call or drop by a respected dry cleaner that does leather, they may have ideas
  • Joanna Smith Joanna Smith on Oct 29, 2017
    Put them in a small cardboard box with a bowl of charcoal. Cover the box and leave them for several days. That should help a LOT, but the only real answer to the new leather smell, is time.
  • Angie Bakx Angie Bakx on Oct 29, 2017
    have you tried sandwiching them between two layers of baking soda and leaving it there for a few days and then taking them out and shaking them or wiping them off
    I have not had that problem before but baking soda does wonders for other odors. Hope it helps.
  • Judy Judy on Oct 31, 2017
    Thanks everyone, passing these on to my daughter.
  • Maureen McAteer Vasily Maureen McAteer Vasily on Oct 31, 2017
    I have used baby powder... lacking that, try baking soda in a closed container...