Asked on Nov 2, 2017

How do I cover bleach stains on a forest green corduroy shirt?

KathyJanet PizaroMichele Pappagallo
+4

Is there some fabric dye that I could brush on in small areas? Is there some way to cover these unsightly bleach drip stains?

• Justfixit
    Justfixit

I usually get bleach stains on black things and I use sharpie markers to cover them up. If you can find the exact shade of green at an office supply store (where they tend to have loads of different colors), it might work. But if it's a shirt that's not too precious, you could just use any green that's close enough.
  • Pat
    Pat

Is it in a spot that you can sew something on it? A star, a flower, etc. I also have used sharpie markers on my clothes.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

You could use sharpies to cover or make a designer pattern to cover.................
  • Peter Goslett
    Peter Goslett

Thank you all for your suggestions. It is [was] a beautiful shirt, excellent quality and not amenable to covering the little bleach splashes. I'll try the sharpies and see if I can find some fabric dye that may do the job. Thank you again.
  • Michele Pappagallo
    Michele Pappagallo

You could try a similar colored permanent marker.
    Janet Pizaro

Use a fabric marker not sharpies
  • Kathy
    Kathy

Try fabric paint in pens. They are great for small areas.