Asked on Nov 11, 2017

Need ideas to renovate particle board kitchen cabinets.

Rhoda KariukiLeah27524803


Years of cooking and coffee brewing steam caused my kitchen cabinet doors to swell at the bottom. The doors are particle board covered with vinyl that looks like contact paper. What can I do to hide the swelling and renovate these doors so it looks better to sell the mobile home?
5 answers
  • 2dogal
    on Nov 11, 2017

    I would leave it alone or paint over it - not the whole cabinet, just underneath. You can't sand down where it is swollen as it is particle board. Let the new buyers decide if they want to replace to cabinets or whatever.
  • Vrohde
    on Nov 11, 2017

    Don't paint the cabinet it might show off the swelling more. Try to glue it down with maybe E6000 or some other heavy duty glue. If you need to touch it up a bit you could use a little stain in the right spots. Good luck
  • 27524803
    on Nov 11, 2017

    Try sanding and painting first.... if that does not give you attractive results... replace the doors with flat panes plywood doors, with nice hardware.... repaint the whole kitchen to give it a fresh modern look.
  • Leah
    on Nov 11, 2017

    You can just replace cabinet doors. Try to find some old cabnets same size. If colors don't match, paint a contrasting color.
  • Rhoda Kariuki
    Rhoda Kariuki
    on Jul 21, 2019

    You can replace the kitchen cabinet doors. Melamine faced chipboards/Particle boards are a sure bet. Particle boards are cheaper, durable and easy to clean. You can always contract your local custom Kitchen cabinet maker. Thanks.

Your comment...