My 3 way lamp is getting hard to turn on or off, What can I do?

+7
  • Gary B Gary B on Nov 18, 2017
    Replace the switch, unplug it first, remove the switch and take it to your local hardware store and they will sell you the exact replacement. Some Old-School hardware stores will replace it for you, just bring it to them.
  • Gary B Gary B on Nov 20, 2017
    .Yes, that's the socket. And I replied to this yesterday but this site lost my reply
  • Gary B Gary B on Nov 20, 2017
    So I'll try a different way to send it
  • Gary B Gary B on Nov 20, 2017
    The socket cover has a "Press to release" so, after unplugging the lap remove the shade and shade and shade bracket
  • Gary B Gary B on Nov 20, 2017
    Press the spot hard, sometimes it's stuck good, remove the cover and you will expose two screws with wires on them. This is when it's important that you unplugged the lamp. loosen the screws and remove the wires, inspecting to make sure that there is no broken insulation on the wires. Take the socket to your local hardware store and have them match it to a new one.

• Gary B Gary B on Nov 20, 2017
    Sorry for the multi-comments, this site is sometimes very hard to use
  • William William on Nov 20, 2017
    Unplug the light from the outlet. Spray a little WD40 inside where the knob is. Work the switch a few times. Plug the light back in. WD40 is a lubricant and also a good contact cleaner. No need to take the lamp apart.
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 25, 2017
    Thank for your help. I really appreciate it. Didn’t want to replace my lamps. 😊