How to grow rabbit foot fern from cutting

+5
q how to grow rabbit foot fern from cutting
  • Judy Judy on Feb 03, 2018
    I would cut one stem on a dia-angel and place into water. I don't know for sure if this will root this way or not. You may have to buy more, but I would try this first. Also, fence this area off, and this will protect the rooting time, then you can uncover it. Best wishes, J.
  • Diane Diane on Feb 03, 2018
    I think I have a fern just like this although I've never known what it was called. My fern is a "descendant" from a fern from my grandmother. If you are able to find a fern that is overgrown, you could divide it in half, but I wouldn't divide any more than that as it may not live. My plant is potted and lives in the house during the winter, but it loves the outside in a shady area.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 04, 2018
  • Judy Judy on Feb 06, 2018
    Shoshana, remember, this is the way I start violets. . but do use a baggie for the plastic at the top of the jar., then put the fern in a small hole, that you will punch with a knife. The less air you get in, the faster it will root. This is the way I do my plants, but not all plants will take this way. So, if this fails, you may just have to keep on buying more and more to keep your bunnies tummy's filled. OH!! When you fill the jar with luke warm water, then put the plastic on the top, and use a rubber band, and make very small holes in it, one for each fern. Best wishes, J.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 13, 2021

Hi,

My advice is to split the plant, or take the long route and look under leaves for brown spores and then put the leaf into damp moss and wait.