Cleaning my floors that are tile but look like wood.

+5
Cleaning my floors that are tile but look like wood. I cleaned my floors with vinegar and water and it left a film. Anyone have any idea how to avoid this next time? When I take a wet cloth to it the film it does come up, but I would like to be able to just clean my floors once not have to go back and wipe up the film. Thank you for any suggestions or advice you can offer!
q cleaning my floors that are tile but look like wood
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 08, 2018
    I just use water on mine that I have in the back room. Make sure that the water and mop or rag stay clean and you aren't leaving some dirt residue on the floor. If you use any kind of soap in the water, the vinegar would take up that little bit of dirt residue that is left. If the water is milky, it will leave a milky film on the floor when it dries.
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 08, 2018
    I love my steam mop and find it's the best for cleaning floors like this. Make sure you've swept or vacuumed well first or you may get a film (and dirt in the grout) from dirt. They also make special cleaners for tile floors.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Feb 08, 2018
    Just try warm water and if necessary a bit of Dawn dish soap. Make sure you mop up as much water as you can so the floor dries quicker.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 08, 2018
    Maybe clear water with drop dish liquid............
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 08, 2018
    Tile floors should be mopped with only water. The film you can get off with baking soda mixed in water. After you do this make sure your mop is clean, before you mop again
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 08, 2018
    Hi Dtennis1969,
    I agree with the others. Make sure that your water/vinegar solution is clean. If it gets dirty, make more solution, even if you're not done. Remembering to vacuum first is definitely the first step. Wishing you the best.
  • Jeffrey Cole Jeffrey Cole on Feb 11, 2018
    It’s hard to tell with a picture but it’s possible that someone put a sealer over the tile instead of just the grout. That would give the look you have. A home improvement store will have a stripper sealer then it will look new