I need help with my burnt stainless steel pot.

+6
I left my stainless steel pot on the stove with tea bags boiling and forgot it. I smelled the tea bags burning when the water boiled out and found my pot burnt at the bottom and up the sides. I have scrubbed and scrubbed but can't get the burnt areas off. I even tried ammonia. Also tried baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. No luck. Does anybody have a suggestion?

• Brenda Brenda on Feb 13, 2018
    Oven cleaner & sos pad will work !!
  • Anna Abbitt Anna Abbitt on Feb 13, 2018
    Try white distilled vinegar and lemon juice.
  • Jamie Hayes Jamie Hayes on Feb 13, 2018
    Put either dry baking soda or salt in the pan slightly dampen a sponge or cloth a rub it with some pressure of course. That's what works for me.
    • Sheila Custis Sheila Custis on Feb 13, 2018
      Thank you Jamie. That usually works for me too, but it didn't work in this case. I was able to get some of it scrubbed off, but the bulk of it is still burnt on.
  • Pat Croley Pat Croley on Feb 13, 2018
    Put a good handful of soda in the pan and a few cups of water. Boil it for about 10 minutes and let it soak overnight. The next day it should not be hard to clean.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 13, 2018
    Soak it in Cola overnight.......It has worked at cleaning a toilet it could work !
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 13, 2018
    Try bar keepers friend