How do you clean a stainless steel sink?

+6
  • Deborah Parliament Deborah Parliament on Feb 17, 2018
    I use just dish soap and scotch brite brand scrubbie. Make sure you scrub in the direction of the grain.
  • Jana Jana on Feb 17, 2018
    The way that worked best for me was a combination of dish soap and bleach. I sprayed it on, waited a bit and rinse it off wiping with a cloth.
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 17, 2018
    I like the powered products.....cameo, bonami, baking soda. Take a damp cloth put a bit of baking soda on it and scrub going with tooling marks in the sink. Rinse well, dry with a paper towel so water spots won’t show.
  • Carolee De Blaere Carolee De Blaere on Feb 17, 2018
    Crumpled up aluminum foil!
  • Emily Emily on Feb 17, 2018
    I have a double stainless steel sink that is probably over 60 years old (don't know for sure) I find it very easy to clean with whatever powdered cleanser I have under my sink. But after reading so many posts here on hometalk I realize that people have very different water situations and our water here is soft and does not stain things, so cleaning is relatively easy and we don't get rings in our toilets etc.

• Ilene Ilene on Feb 17, 2018
    Don't know where I got this tip. Use regular baby oil and a cloth. I've been doing this on all my stainless steel appliances & sink and it really works.
  • Colleen Colleen on Feb 17, 2018
    Bar Keepets Friend
  • QBSF QBSF on Feb 17, 2018
    Bar Keepers Friend ... the liquid product. Absolutely the best. Use in bathroom for sink and shower too.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Feb 17, 2018
    Use any of the cleaning products named above. They are all good ones. For the polishing, use olive oil or vegetable oil on the corner of a dishcloth. Then use the rest of the dry dishcloth to buff the sink, hardware and tile and countertops. That’s where the shine comes from. Best wishes! ☺️