What is the best way to get rid of rats before renovating?

+4
We do not want to use pesticides. Any ideas, we have used rat traps both spring loaded and ones to capture the rats live. Neither of these methods have caught any rats.

• Lil Lil on Feb 20, 2018
    A cat
  • Leslie Florence Leslie Florence on Feb 20, 2018
    try moth balls, they do not like the smell and should go away
  • Jodysworld Jodysworld on Feb 20, 2018
    There are organizations that have different breeds of Terriers. They come and let the dogs get them. I know it sounds bizzare, but farmers use them as away to avoid poisons, while ridding of the rat problem. It is very effective. Hope this is helpful.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 20, 2018
    Besides a good mouser, make sure you are baiting the traps with something that they really like and can't stay away from. For mice, squirrels and chipmunks I have had great luck with peanut butter.
  • Kim Kim on Feb 20, 2018
    Try Salami in your spring loaded traps. Rats love Salami! Also, there are services that leave and empty traps (like large roach motels) to get rid of rats.
    😊
  • Jacquelyn Jacquelyn on Mar 06, 2018
    YES
    thank you
  • Lisa Jane Long Lisa Jane Long on Nov 09, 2018

I made a little video about how to build a successful rat trap, its SUPER easy! https://youtu.be/biWM_WEuDRo