Flourescent lights

+6
my fluorescent lighting unit in the kitchen had all 4 bulbs go out at the same time. I replaced the bulbs but it did not turn back on? how do i fix this?

• Dfm Dfm on Feb 25, 2018
    Try replacing the ballist. First tho check the breaker box...any tripped?
  • Earlene Earlene on Feb 25, 2018
    Try replacing the ballast. You can buy new ones. There are several types, so check to see which you need. If this doesn't work you will need to replace the fixture. I replaced the one in my kitchen with LED.....lots more light.
  • Sharon Sharon on Feb 25, 2018
  • Sally Wiese Sally Wiese on Feb 25, 2018
    Did you check the electric box? Maybe you blew a breaker or a fuse.
  • Deb K Deb K on Feb 25, 2018
    Likely the ballast, you may want to replace the fixture with an LED one
  • Jamie Cloud Jamie Cloud on Feb 25, 2018
    thank you!!! i am going to buy a ballast and give it a try!
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Feb 26, 2018
    It is time to replace the whole fixture which has more energy efficient LED bulbs.
  • Mogie Mogie on Feb 26, 2018
    Agree with Joychevi you can get a fixture that produces more light and uses less electricity with LED bulbs.
  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Dec 05, 2020

Most flourescent fixtures have a ballast unit and sometimes a little round starter. Those could be bad. If so, then it's time to replace fixture with LED fixture. Cost of repair is not worth the effort. You will also get better light and lower cost operation.