Is there a way to start a Dogwood Tree from a graft?

+5
I have always wanted a Dogwood in my front yard, but they are expensive. We live in northwest Louisiana and there are a lot of wild Dogwoods.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Feb 28, 2018
    Hello! Here is information on how to grow a dogwood from a branch. Click on the link below to view. Good luck!

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Feb 28, 2018
    There should be some little ones coming up beside the larger tree. Dig one up and put it in a pot and let it get adjusted, then in the fall plant it wherever you want.
  • SANDRA MOORE SANDRA MOORE on Mar 01, 2018
    I don't know much about growing stuff but a friend of mine grows dogwoods from the red berries (seeds) that appear on the trees in the fall. I think the little ones that Chubby58 is referring to are self-seeded ones that have sprung up.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Mar 01, 2018
    My pleasure, Pam! Hometalk is happy to help!
  • Emily Emily on Mar 01, 2018
    We live in Maine and somehow we have managed to keep this dogwood tree alive. But it doesn't often blossom. We bought this at a local sort of five and ten store for only $11 but many years ago. We like it in our small front yard.