Leaking Wall

My underground garage basement wall is cinderblock And Is leaking water at the bottom to midway up, it also seems to bowing inward maybe 3 inches.. what is the best way to fix the problem that won’t cost much?

  9 answers
  • You need a contractor and possibly a structural engineer. This isn't going to be an inexpensive fix. Do you know the sources of the leak? With inward bowing the structure itself is compromised and only a matter of time before it fails. I would get licensed contractors out there fast! Sorry this does not sound like an average homeowner DIY. Keep family and pets away from the area until it can be properly diagnosed.

  • Jennyprrs Jennyprrs on Feb 28, 2018
    if it we’re only a matter of it leaking you could pick up sealer for the basement at any local lumber store The Boeing could be serious and I agree you need to contact a professional. Good luck.

  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Feb 28, 2018
    I agree with the other posters, Get someone out the very soon. That doesn't sound good.

  • 27524803 27524803 on Feb 28, 2018
    HomeAdvisor.com or Angieslist.com should be able to help you find a verified structural engineer.... DO NOT WAIT... the structural integrity of your home is at risk.

  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Feb 28, 2018
    Unfortunately it sounds line something a professional needs to deal with

  • Eileen Eileen on Feb 28, 2018
    Not sure what the bowing is but kilz creates a great waterproof barrier. KILZ® Basement & Masonry Waterproofing Paint is a premium, interior/exterior waterproofing paint designed for porous concrete and masonry surfaces. This low odor, masonry paint is formulated for waterproofing above and below grade basement walls, masonry walls, retaining walls, cinder and concrete blocks, stucco and brick.

  • Ellis Ellis on Mar 01, 2018
    I would get a professional in to look at this RIGHT AWAY. Three inches is a pretty big bow in a cinderblock wall. If the wall is compromised, the structure could collapse. Keep people and your car out of there. If your house is above the garage, the whole structure is at risk.

  • M. M.. M. M.. on Mar 01, 2018
    The problem does sound more serious than just being able to apply a paint. Covering a leak will only cause it to move elsewhere, and then MORE of your wall could start to bulge. Time to call the pros, see if your homeowners policy might cover your stay in a hotel while danger is repaired.

  • Dma24922282 Dma24922282 on Mar 01, 2018
    You have a major problem there, you need to support your house from crashing down first then dig up outside so that you can put in weeping tile to drain the water away and if possiblr fix or replace the wall.