Should I replant snowpeas into the ground?

+5
I started using egg cartons to start some of my veggie garden. My snap peas are already coming up. I live in NW Tennessee and I am wondering, should I go ahead and put them in the ground? Or what?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Mar 12, 2018
    Hi Don,
    Here's a website that has the information that you are seeking - and more. Click on the link below to read it. Wishing you the best.
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Mar 12, 2018
    Hi Don, I found with my seedlings it was best to introduce them to the terrors of outdoors rather slowly. What worked for me last year was putting them outside during the day when I was at work and then bringing them back in at night. I did that for a week before I planted them and they faired MUCH better then my other seedlings!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 12, 2018
    Depends on you last expected frost datehttps://www.ufseeds.com/learning/planting-schedules/tennessee-vegetable-planting-calendar/.......before planting in the garden introduce them under a covered porch for a few days.Do not bring them outside and back inside.That is not a proper method for newly planted seedlings
  • You have about a week before you can plant them out in TN. So go through a hardening off period for one week and then plant them. To harden off, just put them outside in a protected spot during the day, inside at night
  • Sha28455203 Sha28455203 on Mar 12, 2018
    I have neighbors who just plant peas straight into the soil..outside! Easter, whenever it falls, Is the appropriate earliest date. And sometimes it snows on Easter!! PS. I live in Alaska
  • AmAtHome AmAtHome on Mar 12, 2018
    I would follow the advice to harden them a bit. I live in South Louisiana and we are still getting a few more nights in the 30's, so keep an eye on the forecast.
  • Don Irvine Don Irvine on Mar 12, 2018
    I've done this also by taking the egg cartons outside when the temps were above 50° and watered them. And brought them back in at night.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 13, 2018
    Let them toughen up a bit, outside during the day and inside at night for about 1 week, they should be ready for planting outside after that.