Jessica Hoffman
Jessica Hoffman
  • Tutorial Team
  • Boynton Beach, FL

Rolling Manicure Rack, Scrap Wood and Dry Erase Board!

$25

I don’t know about you, but I’m assuming if you are reading this, and are a woman, or a man who has a wife or girlfriend, you know that people “like us” use our hands... a lot! If we went to the salon, each time we “messed up” our pretty manicures, the money we spent fixing them would by far exceed any money we save by all of our DIY projects!!! I have nail polish. Lots of it! I have files, base coat, top
rolling manicure rack scrap wood and dry erase board
I chose to make my rack 2ft wide by 4ft high. I wasn’t sure what I was going to use for the back, but I remembered seeing peg board, dry erase board and even plywood for less than 10.00 a sheet, at Home Depot. My table saw wasn’t working, so I didn’t want to have to deal with cutting. It also would give me plenty of options.
Dry erase board
Dry erase board
outside of the 2x4 pieces I cut, eyeballing everything else, I glued and used the Brad nailer to join the pieces. No square, no measuring tape and no level. I just wanted to get it done! I chose dry erase board... not because I wanted to actually use dry erase board, but because it was white- which meant I would have one less step!
I grabbed my biggest bottle of nail polish, a bottle of remover and some other random supplies and laid them in it, to see how much space in between the shelves, would make sense.
Shelves and back/board attached
Shelves and back/board attached
After putting this together, (which took about 15/20 minutes, I stood it up to try it out. Slightly lopsided, but not horrible! It was good enough!
Small wood dowels
Small wood dowels
When I placed the nail polish on my shelves I realized since this would be rolling around, I needed to figure out how to prevent my little organized bottles from falling on the floor. I had some skinny little wood dowels left over from another project. I think these were aroind .50 each. I found a drill bit slightly larger than the dowels and drilled holes, to make a space wide enough to slide them through, from one side to the other. This took about ten minutes.
Painted white!
Painted white!
I started off using my leftover Benjamin Moore Aura (VERY EXPENSIVE) paint but got tired of all of the little spots I had to get into- instead i decided to run out and grab some white spray paint. (This was my only expense!) It took less than one can to completely cover my rack. I attached the casters.
More polish than I realized!
More polish than I realized!
That’s it!! It dried in less than 15 minutes and it was ready to stock! I had no idea I would nearly fill it! I actually should have made it bigger!! I love it! My friends love it and my bottles finally have a home of their own!! Now I just need to make myself a rolling manicure table, find a cute chair on wheels and I will have myself a complete nail salon!! Maybe i should start looking for one of those massage pedicure chairs!!!
Jessica Hoffman

• Wendy

I love this!! So useful!

• Jessica Hoffman

My family loves it too! They were finding my little bottles everywhere! I think my next project will be a manicure table, to match!