Asked on Apr 2, 2018

My fence is leaning a bit and is there an easier way to straighten it?

JewellmartinCatherine FinchJcraw
+4

I don’t want to take sections out and wondered about reinforcing the fence posts?

• Tommi L. Perkins
    Tommi L. Perkins

sometimes they rot and you have to take out posts, buy new ones and reset in concrete.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Here is a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWrt5o5CUA
  • Jc
    Jc

Hammer sections of rebar into the ground against the vertical sections of the fence to give support.
  • Jcraw
    Jcraw

Add another post next to the failing ones and devise bracket to attach fencing.
    Dig with a posthole digger deep enough to really count, considering weight and height of your fencing.
  • Catherine Finch
    Catherine Finch

you can get steel post stakes at lowes, they come in several different styles that sink into the ground and attach to your fence posts. I used the ones that the side of your post fits into and sinks deep into the ground and you screw into th wood on top. My neighbor and I each put one on our side of the fence to secure a section of our fence that blew down in a wind storm.
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

If the fence is leaning outward, use rebar on the outside since it is small but strong. If the fence is leaning inward, use steel fence poles to push the fence upright. Either way may take readjusting as the fence straightens.