Do you think you can do this on a ceiling ?

+5
I wondered if you could get the look of the old tin ceilings by using the stamp and ink.

• Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 02, 2018
    I think you could, but I would count in the cost of renting scaffolding because maintaining straight lines while maneuvering a ladder, stiff neck and arms, are mind-boggling to me.
  • Absolutely, and I think it would be very pretty. Make sure you have help and invest in a rubber mallet to tap the stamp gently. You sure will get an arm workout too, no need for the gym! I would use paint and not ink, easier to cover if you ever sell or redecorate.
  • Geew Geew on Apr 02, 2018
    That sounds like a lot of work considering that ceiling tins are relatively inexpensive and very easy to apply.
    I'm not saying your idea is impossible, but sounds like a ton of work.
  • Ghi22279354 Ghi22279354 on Apr 02, 2018
    I agree with Geew answer.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Apr 02, 2018
    If you have ceiling tiles, bring them down to table level. Give every tile a coat of gesso (water, white glue, paint, in even amounts). Let them dry completely. Stamp on the ceiling tiles with paint, in a dark shade. Stamp or stencil on a second layer of lighter paint of the same color or gray or whitish, 1/4” to the left of the first stamp. Now you have closer to a three dimensional look for your “tin” tiles. Best wishes ☺️
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Apr 02, 2018
    They make rollers that make designs that look like stencils. Might save your arm!
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 02, 2018
    When you're risking life & limb to do this, it's not worth saving a few bucks. installing the tiles is so much easier.