Is it ok to paint the whole interior of your house the same color

+11
  • Emily Emily on Apr 03, 2018
    definitely!

• Yes. I did my house that way when I moved in as it was a blank, fresh clean start. Later on I changed colors in some of the rooms.
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Apr 03, 2018
    Sure, a lot o people do. It's a matter of personal preference.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 03, 2018
    Yes, it is, the decorations and accent pieces can really show off your house making your personal touch stand out and not the walls.
  • IRENE IRENE on Apr 03, 2018
    Definitely. Make it a neutral color and then accent each room with colors that pop with pillows or curtains or rugs.
  • Tamara Wood Tamara Wood on Apr 03, 2018
    Of course! Many homes are a single color throughout! ( I rent, and I use fabrics, and unusual ways of jazzing up the place, without changing the owners plain white walls!) All the best with your project.
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Apr 03, 2018
    Yes, many people where I live do that.
  • Jo Ann Bradshaw Brown Jo Ann Bradshaw Brown on Apr 03, 2018
    I was thinking about a off white or a little darker and my molding is white?
  • Jjarnett Jjarnett on Apr 03, 2018
    Yes, Although I found it boring after a while and changed it Walls with "Sherwin Williams" Interior Urban Putty is gorgeous with white woodwork. Buy the SW paint at a SW paint store, not Big box stores, it isn't the same quality at BB stores.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 03, 2018
    paint is very personal.do what pleases you
    thank you!
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 03, 2018
    Yeah, it's your house, do what you want to do. Unless you're renting, then get the permission - in writing and signed and dated by both of you - from your landlord, and what is to be done before you move out. But, if it's your home, make yourself happy. Red, white, blue, green whatever floats your boat! Enjoy, life is too short. Remember the words to the song "Garden Party" "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself."
  • Nancy Trimper Nancy Trimper on Apr 07, 2018
    It's your house, you can do anything you want. If the house is small all one color will make it look larger, rather than having a lot of chopped up rooms, in different colors. Wall to wall carpet instead of area rugs does the same thing.
  • Barb Barb on Apr 07, 2018
    Yes, years ago everything was white, but the trim should be white