Asked on Apr 9, 2018

What kind of tables and lamps go with couch?

Carol ArmstrongJoanieEkr29323988
+10

i just ordered a flexsteel Miles soda and recliners. I wznt smsll tables and like golden oak for contrast. the couch has nailheads. Would mission style tables go? I want small. What kind of lamps? Would mercury honor go I need yo stick with something else. Pictures of all three attached
    Betsy

I think that table looks very nice with that couch. Actually, that style of couch lends itself to a myriad of styles of tables and lamps. I'd try to get a lamp base or shade that is the same colour as the nail heads. Very nice!
  • Cindy
    Cindy

That table is a great choice especially if it's the size you want. Make sure your lampshades don't extend past the length and width of the table. That way it will seem more in proportion. Best of luck to you.
  • Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

Wow, I have a very similar couch and I hate it because it's not comfortable, but with that said,I would go with the table but much larger. If the couch is like mine, I have teak and slate tables on either side. They are about 2'×2'. They really stand up to the couch which is hefty. So I would recommend that you get tables that are large. As for the lamps well I wish I could help but I'm still searching and it's been 2 years. So why did we get the couch since I hate it, my husband wanted a recliner since we had had one. This looked better and at the store felt fine for the five minutes I sat in it,now I constantly have to keep fluffing up the filling for any type of lumbar support. Needless to say it's days are numbered and will be shipped into the family room and I will pick a couch I actually like and is comfortable and does not recline and is not leather. Sorry to be a downer. But hey the tables are great and they match it perfectly and proportion is perfect. I hope you enjoy your couch for a long time.
  • Barbara Reeves Brown
    Barbara Reeves Brown

I love these lamps!
    I used mine with white leather furniture and dark wood tables. Also found a floor lamp with the mercury glass for a corner too.
  • Ekr29323988
    Ekr29323988

I like the contrast and the lamps look nice on those tables. Do you think the mercury lamps will look nice and add a pop to the golden oak or do you think I should go with something different? Those lamps are really pretty.
  • Julie  McCuiston
    Julie McCuiston

Love the lamps but not really fond of them with Mission style tables and from the photos, it appears that the table size is way off scale with your beautiful new sofa.
  • Ekr29323988
    Ekr29323988

What do you think of these tables?
    , With the mercury lamps
    • Jodi strasburg
      Jodi strasburg

They do not go together. The lamps are contemporary. Also they should not be so big for the end tables. Out of proportion and that is KEY to decorating.
  • Pat Russell
    Pat Russell

I like this style table better; it has some heft to it and goes with the size of the couch, I think.
  • Ekr29323988
    Ekr29323988

I think the mercury lamps will pop on It too. Thank you
  • Joanie
    Joanie

I mix my tables, lamps and furniture. I choose what I like......not what is trendy. My home is comfortable, not a show place......so, sorry, I can't help.
  • Carol Armstrong
    Carol Armstrong

I have had this couch as a sleeper and have to say I was sorry. Seating was not comfortable and for the price I paid the leather did not hold up but I went western as decor and liked that look. The sofa needs large sized pieces. I would not like the lamps but that is my opinion. How about rustic wood based lamps?