Asked on Apr 30, 2018

What work best to get cigarette smell out of used car?

Mary O'ConnorTaeChubby58
+5

• Beth Hubley
    Beth Hubley

The first thing I would do is use A carpet cleaner to clean all carpet and upholstery using a mixture of the specially designed carpet cleaning solution and vinegar. Do it on a day that is mice and warm so you can leave all the doors open with a fan blowing in to dry it quickly. You can also try leaving a bowl of vinegar on the car over night.
  • Ireland Dowling
    Ireland Dowling

Vinegar is your best option, you want to add baking soda as well. It will absorb the odor instead of masking it.
    • Ireland Dowling
      Ireland Dowling

Sorry, I should have elaborated more. If you rent a carpet cleaner, or if you already own one, use the cleaning solution that is made for the carpet cleaner. (they are all pretty much the same) Walmart has one in their brand that is specifically made for pets and smoke smells. I bought that cleaner and filled the MAX LINE halfway with cleaner, and the other half with white vinegar. I had to do this about 3 times, because I used the hand held part of the carpet cleaner to really get up in there. Lol. After I left the doors open during the day, and before closing everything up, I put a few boxes of baking soda in the car. I opened the entire box on the top, rather than just using the push in hole. I made sure to put them both in a place where they would not tip over, and literally left them in there for a month. It worked well. And in my opinion was worth every second. LMK how it turns out. =D Best regards~ Ireland
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

Try putting a bag of charcoal in there. I have heard that absorbs the odor.
  • Tae
    Tae

Coffee grounds also absorbs lots of odor
  • Mary O'Connor
    Mary O'Connor

I had that problem I put dryer sheets for doing laundry in the car 4 or 5 at time it did the trick in no time good luck