What is the best tankless hot water unit to buy what about

John WilliamSteve StanczykMelissa Robertson
+10

is the cost

• Here are reviews and buying guide tips from reliable sources. Compare and see what best fits your home and the needs of your family.

I want it, but do not yet have it. There are pros and cons, but I live alone so for me it would be just fine and save a lot of space from my jumbo 50 gallon tank. In my area it is looked upon an "upgrade" when selling or renting a home and a desirable selling feature.
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne

We are renting a natural gas Rinnai one, and so far so good. Usually our tank provider doesn't use the cheapest brands, since they would be replacing them all the time.
    Ours is a condensing model which uses the residual heat, and is supposed to be more efficient.

• KattywhampusLOL
    KattywhampusLOL

Good Afternoon Donald, I am posting here a link for you that suggests the best tankless hot water heaters for 2018; as fortheir price, that would be a matter of who you buy it from, and you would have to call around or search Google to see which sellers offer the best price. Good Luck to you (I actually need a hot water tank myself, so your question came in very handy for me too; small world, eh?) ;) Thanks for asking Hometalk for help with this
  • 27524803
    27524803

As I understand it.... the best Tankless/ On Demand water heaters are gas (propane, natural gas, etc.). There are electric ones... but I guess they do not perform as well as the gas. As for the cost.... that is strictly up to you and your budget.... I would check with Consumer Reports... and get a comparison of the two systems and between the brands.... even if there is a fee... Consumer Reports purchases the different products... they are not supplied by the manufacturer... so the testing is unbiased and honest.
  • Mcastler
    Mcastler

i got one and regret it every day. if you are in a cold area and unfinished basement with no insulation, it is hard to get endless hot water.
    i would also recommend buying a larger unit than you think. the hot water only went to my kitchen faucet, and i went almost 2 yrs. with no shower-just bed bath and washing hair in sink.
    IT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS
  • Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

We have one now, had one in another house and love them! It sounds like Mcastler didn't have it installed correctly. The first one was in a 6 bedroom, 4 bath house (3200 sq. ft. 2 story) with an outdoor shower, dishwasher and a big clothes washer. Since the hot water heater was at one end of the house, it did take about 4 minutes for the hot water to reach the other floor at the other end of the house. Once the hot water got where it was going, we never ran out. That one was a Rinnia. We now have a Bosch that is a combination hot water heater and boiler. And it works great too. Just make sure you get one that fits your home's size and you'll be fine. Both of the brands we've had are good.
  • David Taylor
    David Taylor

Tankless water heaters are small, lightweight, and easy to use. It also consumes less power. I found a helpful review site here http://www.wisecull.com/best-electric-tankless-water-heater/

• Corey Trojanowski
    Corey Trojanowski

If you're going tankless you really can't go wrong. Sure, they're expensive up front and the volume is a little smaller maybe than a standard tank water heater, but there's a lot of upside to a tankless water heater. One of the most important things to remember though is to always schedule regular water heater maintenance every year or else the system can start to develop problems if left idle too long.

• Liz
    Liz

I followed this guide on choosing the best tankless water heater when I bought my Rinnai a couple months ago. Never been happier!

• James Vanderze
    James Vanderze

Hi guys I hope I can contribute into this as well I recently bought a tankless water heater and I can't tell enough how happy I was with my decision.

Tankless Water Heater

• Melissa Robertson
    Melissa Robertson

Hi, we want you to get value for your hard-earned money, we have reviewed the top tankless gas water heaters to help you pick one that best suits you. Other than that, you will learn essential tips for choosing the right products that will consistently meet your hot water requirements without breaking the bank.

• Steve Stanczyk
    Steve Stanczyk

It isn't just a matter of buying one and installing it. There are other costs that could make a big difference in whether you purchase one. It will either need to be installed on the exterior, on an outside wall or the metal venting will have to be completely replaced. The gas supply may not be adequate. The number of gas appliances, the size of the gas meter, the size of the gas line to the water heater and even the gas supply line to the meter must be sized appropriately. That cost could be in the thousands. Anyone will sell you one. Many of those sales people are completely oblivious to the requirements and standards for a tankless unit. Even new construction builders screw up on a regular basis.

• John William
    John William

Hi Donald, i was also struggling in deciding the best tankless water heater to buy. i searched for it and found this guide in selecting the best tankless water heaters according to the desired needs and budget of mine. when i bought my Rheem hot water unit. Hope you find it effective too.