How do you make a 3 tier plate serving dish

EmilyFiddledd224Brenda Brandt Deason
+4

• Sharon
    Sharon

I've always gotten 50s era ones either at a thrift store, or stores that carry British ware carry the 3 tier plate holders for tea service.
  • Kim
    Kim

Easy Peasy!
    Get Epoxy for glass, 3 plates, and two uprights. I love the thrift store for this!
    Your plates can be the same size or different sizes, all that matters is that you have a flat spot to epoxy your upright to it in the center bottom for the two upper plates and the center top for the two lower plates.
    Your uprights can be candle sticks, stem ware, tea cups, whatever you like.
    Clean all surfaces well with Acetone that will be touching the epoxy.
    Follow the directions on the epoxy, stick together your stack and allow to set up before moving it.
    Thats it!
    😊
  • Brenda Brandt Deason
    Brenda Brandt Deason

My sister-in-law made a bunch of them for my nephew's wedding the way Kim suggested, but she used E6000. They were beautiful!
  • Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

Yes, use the E6000. I used epoxy applied with a glue gun and as soon as I put anything hot on the plates the glue got soft and the plate fell off!
  • Emily
    Emily

I did this for our Easter table and just set different "lifts" on different style plates. It was only temporary, but did not become askew or detached for more than 4 days.