Can I paint colouredmetal sliding doors in my house with enamel paint

+5
I have painted all my inside wooden doors and skirting boards just wondering if i can painf a brown frame around my glass sliding doors

q can i paint colouredmetal sliding doors in my house with enamel paint
This is the door mentioned
White skirting boards in Gloss Enamel Paint
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 26, 2018
    Better to use a sticky tape if you have too rather than paint as the paint will chip in time.......
  • Dfm Dfm on May 26, 2018
    For metals, I’ve had better luck with rustoleum products,
  • 2dogal 2dogal on May 26, 2018
    Easy peasy - clean well, use a paint made for metal. I'd be safe and take the extra step of using a primer first.
  • Bijous Bijous on May 27, 2018
    Enamel will work nicely on the metal. Lightly sand so the paint can "grip". Looks like you're going to have a lovely room.
  • Marge Marge on May 27, 2018
    I painted aluminum loading bay entrance doors with a primer paint first, and then used epoxy flat (the made-for-metal paint did not come in color I wanted). It has been over two years, and just recently I saw two 'dings' on frame, so painted over the dings and looks like new.
    Good luck...sure it will come out fine!
  • Betty Betty on May 27, 2018
    I use home depot paint .I bought primer and paint in one and painted my metal door . It worked for me .
  • B B on May 27, 2018
    You already got my answer make surfac rough so paint can adhere to it.
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jun 04, 2018
    I've had several people do this using spray paint for metal - taping off the glass and surrounding area.