Multi Use Outside Rack

22K Views
I have been struggling with the wet clothes and wet towels out of the pool. Where to put them? Also, the pool noodles, they were not always accessible.. I had a solution that solved both issues with a pallet !!!
Time: 1 HoursCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • multi use outside rack
Started with having to get our roof done.. (squirrel!)
I saw the pallets they used to bring in the materials... I thought, I need those pallets for something...... hhhmmm...
  • multi use outside rack
so, I brought them around to the back yard so they would not throw them away.
  • multi use outside rack
it was heavy and awkward..... I sweet talked the hubby into holding it up where I thought it would work. I screwed outside fence screws through the pallet and into the horizontal running 2 x 4 on the fence. I picked a section that was the “ugly” side so it would not stick out to much from the fence.
  • multi use outside rack
once I got 1 screw into the pallet, it was not going anywhere. I put 4 screws in.. 2 in the top 2x4 through the pallet and 2 in the bottom 2x4. It would take a hurricane to take it off the fence!
  • multi use outside rack
I then used a package of hooks that I had laying around. I screwed them to the top of the pallet.
  • multi use outside rack
Just another view of the hooks Being placed onto the pallet.
  • multi use outside rack
i then added the noodles from the side, hung towels from the hooks, and now the family has a local place to hang wet clothes and clean up the noodles!

You could sand down the pallet and paint it for a more finished look. Hubby likes it this way, he says you have to look around and see what’s holding the noodles. I may paint it the blue that we have on the patio ceiling .. if you have seen it, if not, here is a picture of the blue.
  • multi use outside rack
it would be pretty this color and it would tie everything in. Maybe for another project!!
It’s getting hot hot hot here in Houston Texas. Need to work early in the day or late in evening when things cool off!!

• multi use outside rack
Here is a closer view of the towel/noodle rack!

Happy creating!!!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 11, 2018 10:55 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question