Multi Use Outside Rack

$0

I have been struggling with the wet clothes and wet towels out of the pool. Where to put them? Also, the pool noodles, they were not always accessible.. I had a solution that solved both issues with a pallet !!!
Started with having to get our roof done.. (squirrel!)
I saw the pallets they used to bring in the materials... I thought, I need those pallets for something...... hhhmmm...
so, I brought them around to the back yard so they would not throw them away.
it was heavy and awkward..... I sweet talked the hubby into holding it up where I thought it would work. I screwed outside fence screws through the pallet and into the horizontal running 2 x 4 on the fence. I picked a section that was the “ugly” side so it would not stick out to much from the fence.
once I got 1 screw into the pallet, it was not going anywhere. I put 4 screws in.. 2 in the top 2x4 through the pallet and 2 in the bottom 2x4. It would take a hurricane to take it off the fence!
I then used a package of hooks that I had laying around. I screwed them to the top of the pallet.
Just another view of the hooks Being placed onto the pallet.
i then added the noodles from the side, hung towels from the hooks, and now the family has a local place to hang wet clothes and clean up the noodles!

You could sand down the pallet and paint it for a more finished look. Hubby likes it this way, he says you have to look around and see what’s holding the noodles. I may paint it the blue that we have on the patio ceiling .. if you have seen it, if not, here is a picture of the blue.
it would be pretty this color and it would tie everything in. Maybe for another project!!
It’s getting hot hot hot here in Houston Texas. Need to work early in the day or late in evening when things cool off!!

Here is a closer view of the towel/noodle rack!

Happy creating!!!