Ideas to make my 4×4 post on my porch more attractive?

+6
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jun 05, 2018
    Pinterest.com should have ideas and instructions for you.... I have seen the DIY TV guys beef them up using 1x6 lumber in cedar or pine and then stain or paint them .... they also use various styles of trim top and bottom to make the new column look more ornate... corbels also can fancy up the look.
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 05, 2018
    Framing one out to make it more substantial, or wrapping it, like this one: http://www.shadesofblueinteriors.com/diy-craftsman-style-porch-columns/
  • Betty Betty on Jun 05, 2018
    Wrap it in vinyl never have to paint .
  • Maybe wrap with jute, twine or rope (may give a nautical feel), or wrap with netting and hangs decorations on it.
  • Mogie Mogie on Jun 05, 2018
    Hubby got some vinyl wraps for posts at Lowe's. We used them to wrap the 4x4's on our gazebo. They look great and just need to be hosed down every spring.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 05, 2018
    Do you any plants that you can place to dress the area up
  • Ann Ann on Jun 05, 2018
    Cover with netting and plant a light, pretty vine at the base and let it climb up. Note: clematis woukd be fine, but climbing wisteria, hydrangea, trumpet vines, ivy grow too thick and big and can take down the post, then your roof.
  • Alice Alice on Jun 05, 2018
    Thanks