How do you clean a dusty and dirty ceiling fan?

27524803Dalena SpearsJohnavallance82
+4

• Laura
    Laura

I’ve taken a pillowcase and wiped each blade with it so that I can cover the top and bottom of the blade. Simply slide the pillowcase on the blade and wipe. Most/all of the dust goes inside the case. When you’re done, take it outside, flip it inside out and shake before you put it in the wash.
  • Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Bar,
    Laura hit it on the head! Do exactly what she said. It makes cleaning ceiling fans so easy. Wishing you the best!
  • I've always just used a vacuum hose. Then vacuum where it falls.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi Bar, I generally find if I use a wet wipe to get the gunge off and then use a polish cloth. (NB I wash and reuse Wet wipes used in this manner as dusters and polish clothes)
  • Dalena Spears
    Dalena Spears

The old fashion way ! I get my home step latter out. Remove loose dust first with a dry cloth. I use 1 of two things. First I would use "Formula 409" and a damp rag, that usually works well. The second I use if it's really bad, Good old fashion "Clorox Bleach". Be sure to test a small area first. ( 1 part Bleach 3 parts warm water ) also with the bleach and water mixture I use a sponge with the green scrubber (Not to hard) Scotch Bright. Hope this helps hun good luck. Dalena
  • 27524803
    27524803

I have a "dusting" brush for my canister vacuum... and I use that first... then go over it with a damp microfiber cloth with a mild solution of Pine Sol (the lemon one) and water... then wipe to dry