Need to get rid of the ants by my hummingbird feeder.

Garden Up Green - CaroleCharlyJoy30150932
+4

They climb up the top and go down the side of the feeder.l Don't want to spray.

• Gk

You might consider hanging your feeder in another place for a while until the ants find it again and then move it back. If you remove the food source the ants will disappear. You can treat for ants using chemicals but I wouldn't consider it; I would just live with it.
  • Oliva

Sticky traps at base of feeder, or near top, if feeder is near other vegetation that you don't want to trim.

• Alice

If you have used a pole to hang a feeder, tie some bay leaves or mint leaves around the pole and also around the wire on which feeder hangs. These leaves act as a great repellants to ants You could also hang the feeder with a thin fishing line. Ants find it difficult to grip these lines.

• Pan5906849

I have the same problem and wonder if you could take the top of a jar lid, like a mayo lid, put a hole in the middle and put it over the to when they climb down the chain to the jar. Then seal the inside hole with a glue gun and fill it with water. can’t swin to get over it? In car traveling, might have to try it.
  • Joy30150932

Try putting a little Vaseline on the very top of the feeder if that is where they are climbing down.
  • Charly

I smear Vicks Vapo Rub on the bottom of the pole from the ground up to about a foot. I never have any problems. And it's far enough away from the feeder that it doesn't harm or bother the humming birds.

• Garden Up Green - Carole

Try coffee grounds - they work for about 2 days then you have to keep adding fresh grounds to keep them away.