Mark
Mark

What's the best way to remove groundhogs without shooting them

Mac6231RedcatcecJoy Elizabeth
+4

• Rebecca Balent

If you find out, let me know. They are the bane of my existence
    • Rebecca Balent

Tried the trap. Caught 1, then was left with the issue of getting rid of it. In my county, I had to get a certified trapper to take it. It cost me $100 and he told me, by regulation, he had to eliminate it. Kinda nullified the whole have-a-heart trap purpose.
  • Vimarhonor

Hello Gru and Rebecca

Recently I have seen the havahart trap work capturing a groundhog at a government building where I volunteer at. It may be an option you wish to consider. Here’s a link with more information.

• Joy Elizabeth

We have caught 3 groundhogs that moved in under our house with the havahart cage. Our home was overgrown for many years before we purchased it so it was a ground hog paradise! We always caught them within a day, and my husband just freed them in the woods on his morning commute.
  • Redcatcec

Hi Gru,

We had them and finally got rid of them by taking away their living quarters and food, they left.

They were under our deck and we closed off their hole (old downspout drain), then they burrowed into the garage and got blocked out of

there. They returned to eat the cucumber vines, we caged the vines and no more critters.

Our fix is probably temporary at best, but it all we got.

• Mac6231

Buy a coyote.