Suggestions for flowers for shade and fast growing?

PatriciaJeanne GrunertBrenda Brandt Deason
+2

• Laura washington

Go to your local nursery and inquire; the little plastic stakes in potted plants should inform as to shade or sun. Library books or internet you need to know what zone of the country you live in, to select ones that will grow well. Hope this helps.

• Brenda Brandt Deason

Hi Margarita! My lantana doesn't like too much sun, and it grows really fast. It's been around awhile, so if you buy a small one it may be a few years before it gets to its full size. Give it plenty of room!
  • Jeanne Grunert

If you're looking for perennials, and you have plenty of water, try hosta or astilbe. Both are great for shady spots. I also like daylilies and have had great luck growing them in partial shade.

• Patricia

It depends if you want color or just greenery. Hostas grow great in the shade. I’ve had fantastic results with Impatiens in the shade. They come in several different colors.