Diana Davis
Diana Davis
  • Erlanger, KY

How to clean silk plants

B. EnneCindySharon
+4

I have a six ft. tree with small silk leaves with years of dust on the upper portion.

• Sue

Take it out in the yard or put it in the shower and spray it down.
  • Nancy Turner

My mom used the sprayer in the sink to clean her plastic and silk flowers, then hung then upside down to dry, I'm not really sure how she got away with doing it that way, but her arrangements were always clean and beautiful.
  • Sharon

I stick mine on the back porch in the rain, and it always looks good when it dries. I do tape a plastic bag over the bottom and around the trunk. Then I go to the Dollar Tree for a bag of new spagnum for around the bottom.
  • Cindy

I put them in the bath tub and run the shower. Then I let them drip dry while still in the tub. Diana, since your tree is so large, perhaps you should wash it outside with the hose. You could also pre-soak it with a solution of one part vinegar and three parts water. Put this solution in a spritz bottle and spray it on the entire tree. Wait 10 mins and then spray with your hose. Leave it outside in the sun to dry. Best of luck to you.
  • B. Enne

I saw a video or post on here yesterday, where the person used ED-40 to clean and shine artificial plants. I'll try again to find it.
  • B. Enne

I couldn,t find it, but what about a furniture dust repellant? i would spray it on the cloth.