Jim
Jim
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Ideas for my Basement Window Well?

Kal21880830BetsyRobyn Garner

62” deep and 102” across, I would like to make looking out at a tin wall worth looking at. I have 6 windows in the basement, we live out in Colorado.

• Robyn Garner

How about some trailing plants down the well? Paint scenery? Hang pretty scenery shower curtains against the metal?

Hi Jim You can, like Robyn says, plant trailing plants, or even put some shade loving flowers in pots up against the back. Paint the tin wall a nice colour and paint some flowers and bushes, or put plants or, even fake plants, in pots to brighten up the area. You can also put some solar lights (with the sun gathering unit outside of the wall) into the area so that at night you have lights. If it's one of those escape windows, you don't want to clutter it up with too much stuff. Good luck.

• Kal21880830

I would paint some hunting scenes, fishing scenes, skiing scenes on all but one. I would save one on the NW snowy side for a sunset on the beach with palm trees. Just saying lol.