Jmax
Jmax

Can I spray roundup on grass under my orange tree

Peggy BurnetteBetsyHeather Kuder
+4

• Sharon

You might kill the tree, plus any bees and butterflies in the area which would certainly result in less fruit. I would take a piece of landscape fabric around the tree and put some mulch on top.

• Kristy

No
  • I wouldn't. Pull out the grass, put down landscape fabric and mulch.

• Heather Kuder

I figured that would be right Sharon so a Q abt trying to premently deweed my back yard fence line plus some small tree growing wanna know how to fully remove them and with less effort figure once it's all dead be easier to remove by hand. So another Q if I spray killing poison like round up and would like to plant some climbing plants how do I prevent them new plants from dieing

Hi Jma: There's a product by Bonide called Kleen-Up that is supposed to kill only the plant that is sprayed and down to the roots. It says that you can use it around other plants, just don't spray them. It also says you see results in 24 hours, but I didn't, but 3 days later, everything I sprayed was brown! I like this stuff:)

• Peggy Burnette

Hello my name is Peggy. Yes you can stray round up under your tree, but you will kill grass and weeds. Try not to get it on the tree leaves or trunk.