Inexpensive block out screen for neighbors windows?

We had to cut down our huge beautiful tree that blocked out the behind us neighbors windows. Now, I a looking for something for shade on that part of the yard/ fence and use it to block out the windows over the fence. Don’t want to plant another tree... natural looking.... any ideas to mull over??? ps. I am trying to plant some plants in that area but, its tooo hot and sunny..... TIA!!

• You can buy arborvitaes that are fairly tall. I'm not sure if that will help.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jul 17, 2018

Hi Deborah, Are you saying you had to cut a tree down because it blocked your neighbors view ?

• Deborah Luchak Nester Deborah Luchak Nester on Jul 19, 2018

I had a tree there for 18+ years... it was an ash tree, soft wood tree.. when the boys built a tree house, they used the “wrong” screws and it “poisoned” the tree and it died and became a hazard, so we had to remove it. Then I could see the windows again...

• Dfm Dfm on Jul 17, 2018

There is such a thing as shade cloth,,,try calling around to big box diy stores, I’m very close to an agricultural suply house, so I can get a choice of sun blocker strengths. The company does have an on line catalog...Farmtek. In iowa.