Asked on Aug 26, 2018

How do I makeover my refrigerator?

Vickie SotoGailVickie Soto
+7

This frig was given to me in perfect condition. I let someone use it and this is what happened. They didnt have any answers for it so I am clueless as to what happened! What can I do to restore it. It works perfectly, but has tons of rust on the outside.

• Denise
    Denise

Looks like it was left outside! You can sand the rust off and then you can actually buy appliance paint, which is especially made for refrigerators, washers, etc. I once used it on an old almond color freezer, and made it look like new.

• Dee
    Dee

First remove the rust. Rustoleum makes an awesome rust remover. Then prime it with Auto primer, then paint with Rustoleum appliance paint. Good luck. It can be tedious but time consuming but worth it in the end.

• Vickie Soto
    Vickie Soto

Thank you Dee!

I so appreciate your taking your time to help me!

• Caseyem11
    Caseyem11

you May want to explore appliance decals. They come in many designs.

• Bgott
    Bgott

I have cleaned the surface really well and applied contact paper from Dollar Tree! Cheap and really cute.

• Vickie Soto
    Vickie Soto

I'll look into that. Thanks!

• Gail
    Gail

Look on Amazon for longer rolls of contact vinyl paper to be able to cover sides & top all in a single piece of wrapping with a more professional look without splicing cut pieces together. Also, fewer splices or pieces means longer durability without risk of edges or corners curling up or peeling back. I find Amazon a great source for this product at usually quite reasonable prices. Hope this tip helps.

• Vickie Soto
    Vickie Soto

Curling or peeling would be frustrating. That was my concern. That's a great tip! Thank you Gail!