How can I decorate bay windows with white blinds cheaply?

+6

Bay windows with white blinds in my breakfast eating area needs something at the top to dress it up more. I don't want to take away from the bay windows or cover them up completely and block the view of the backyard and pool. I do sew and the only thing I can up with is some type of curtain topper for each window.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank YouDeb

• Annie Annie on Aug 27, 2018

I made 3 individual faux roman shades that covered the upper third. I didn’t have any need for them to go up and down.

• See 1 previous
    • Annie Annie on Sep 04, 2018

I just winged it. I made a lined rectangle, used a sash tension rod for each of the 3 windows. Calculated how deep I wanted to pleats to be, hand sewed (tacked) them in place and ironed. Then draped top over the rod and tacked in place. Really easy.

• William William on Aug 27, 2018

How about a cornice the full length of the bay. Ideas from other Hometalkers.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=cornice

• Deborah Lynch Deborah Lynch on Sep 04, 2018

Thank You

I thought of a cornice but had no idea how to make it. I also have crown moulding on ceiling above bay window. Thanks for the link. I'm sorry it took me this long to answer you. This is my 1st time writing in and was waiting for email notifications. I just noticed I had a # above the bell.

Thanks

Deb

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 01, 2018

Hi Deborah: I also have a bay window. What I have are lace valances and matching lace swags. You can make these easily, or buy them cheaply on Ebay and shorten them if they are too long:) I bought mine on Ebay and am really happy with them. Good luck

Hi Betsy

Thank You so much.

I didn't think of Ebay.

I was also going to look at Amazon for ideas.

This is my 1st bay window in new house.

Thanks

Deb

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 04, 2018

You're welcome. My swags are just on the side windows and the valance, of course, is about 12 inches down across the top on the front of the window. I use tension rods to hold them up. My window is completely open, except for the sides where the swags are, which is minimal. I really like the look, and being able to look out. I also have a valance on the front part of the bay, from wall to wall. I only did that because I had an extra valance:)

• Tya15215196 Tya15215196 on Sep 15, 2018

My blind have gaps on the side